As of yesterday afternoon, Reduce File Size was winning the PDF Insider’s poll for Best New Bluebeam PDF Revu Feature of 2009. And I’m not surprised. Prior to Bluebeam PDF Revu v 7, it was a highly requested feature. And once we rolled it out, users like you kept on giving us props, not only for including it in version 7, but for giving you more control over how you reduce your PDFs.
- Save Mode: Save as the current PDF format, or as a 1.4 Compatible or 1.5 Compressed PDF
- Images: If your PDF includes images, go here to convert them to a different format, adjust image DPI or change color depth.
- Fonts: If you don’t need to embed fonts with your PDF, then drop ‘em here!
- Miscellaneous: Just what it sounds like – a smorgasbord of file elements that, if not needed, can greatly reduce your file size
- Estimated File Size: Here’s the killer feature of Bluebeam’s Reduce File Size functionality. As you adjust file reduction settings, you’ll get a preview of how much Revu could reduce the PDF size, if that element is changed.
For more about reducing the size of your PDFs, check out this video. And remember, to keep on PDFin’!